Thursday, June 16, 2011

Can't pick your family

When I met my husbands family for the first time.. and got to know them. I never thought I would end up being one of the primary caretakers of my Mother Inlaw.
My Father inlaw passed away and I started noticing things about my Mother Inlaws behaviour that bothered me, worried me. I mentioned it to other family members who said she was "fine". Well she wasnt, isn't. She now lives in an assisted living condo. I do her shopping for her and am her rock. She calls me when she is worried, mad, confused and bored. I do my best to be all that she needs. I certainly dont begrudge her this at all. She is a wonderful woman and I love her. But I do get angry that her own family are so quick to pass it to me. She deserves to have them WANT to be there for her.

No comments: