Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ornamental Snow






We had a cold spell hit us here, feels like -10 with the wind chill 60km winds and about 6 inches of snow. We seldom get snow, maybe a few days a year and our temps are also very seldom below freezing. Basically it shuts our city down when it gets like this, and because none of us are prepared/experienced to drive in it, it is better that we stay off the roads anyways!





When the kids went down for their naps I went out to take pics. I had no gloves and no winter jacket, so it wasn't long before my fingers and toes were numb and my battery was dead in the camera. I was suprised how quick the cold, sapped the battery.

I am sure the neighbors are completely convinced I am nuts.


I played around with textures a bit with these ones. I am not sure if I like them or not. It was interesting though.






>







Our poor little humming birds were looking for some food. Not many flowers to be found now. We made sure their feeder was full, and I will also make sure it gets thawed out a couple times a day.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. I'm sorry you got so cold taking them but I am so happy you posted them. I especially love the silver ball. Thanks for sharing with us.

Shereen said...

I love those coloured ornaments in the snow, the best!