Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Here we go into another year. Kind of makes you wonder what we are in for! I usually don't make resolutions. This year is going to be different and I am going to blog it all so I have to be accountable!
I am going to be doing a 3 month no shopping starting tomorrow. I am not happy with how shopping has become a past time of mine. Its not that I spend a lot, but it does all add up. I want to fill my time up with other activities and get a rush from them, not from a great "deal" I found. So no shopping for anything that is not essential and no going into any stores. I am purging myself of it all. Okay, I think I am starting to hyperventilate.......
My second resolution is to get back to my low carb lifestyle. I am a carb addict and I need to purge those carbs! I feel way better when I am limiting my carb intake and the fact that I was gestational diabetic on insulin drastically increases my odds of becoming a diabetic. Add to that, that both my Father and Grandfather were diabetic and the odds are not in my favour. I want to avoid that if I can.
My third resolution is kind of a combination of the other two. I am trying hard to cook more from scratch and more raw foods. After having the twins, it was so crazy here that we relied on processed foods a lot. We just had too to survive. I am not happy with us eating it though and want it out of our lives. It is horrible for us and costs way more than eating healthy. So eat better and save money, works for me!
So that's it.. not much else except maybe trying to finish the book "understanding exposure" and actually "getting" it without having my head explode!
I am turning 40 in 6 months. I hate, hate HATE that. I never thought age would bother me, but lately the fact that this is coming up almost makes me have a panic attack. It really gives me a horrible feeling :( I am determined to go into my 40's better than I went into my 30's. I am hoping these resolutions will help with that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your resolutions. They are all such good ones. I too am going to be more carb conscious this year. Determined not to diet but just eat healthier and more homemade with fresher ingredients. We will encourage each other, shall we?

I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it up in 2009. I miss you when you're not here. ;)

freediabetesinfo said...

you are pretty ,you can live normal life with diabetes , all you need to do is follow doctor's recommendations and fight with it darely

Clane Gessel said...

That sounds great!
Yeah, making your resolutions public can make it easier (or harder, depending on how you look at it) to stick to them! Hope you're able to keep them!

And don't worry about getting older, I'm sure you'll be like a nice wine, getting better with age :)

Hill upon Hill said...

Again, your photo's are so lovely. You could make a book with your photo's, there are websites that you can work on and then they send you a bound copy of your work. I really think your photo's are special. Happy New Year. I too am trying to be healthier. I am juicing vegetables and also trying to reduce the carbs. Insulin resistance is my trouble and the weight is now sitting.

40 is young. Many of my friends have turned 40 and they are young. It might be a mbit more assured and calm than turning 30...