Friday, January 2, 2009

Just days to enjoy


The first day of the year was wet and cold... but hey at least it wasn't snow! Kristin and I met up with some friends. We went for lunch and then because nothing was open, we went to the beach. The kids threw things in the water, finally ending up in the water! Kristin had snow boots on that we waterproof up a bit from the sole, not waterproof enough for water though. When we got in the car she was wiggling around her feet and said, "can't you hear the water?" I got out of the car and went around to her side, pulled off one boot and poured out at least 2 cups of water from each boot. Little beggar! Very cold water it was too.
Anyway, while the kids played us adults "played" with our camera's. As always there were lots of swans and geese, there was also some sand pipers and little ducks. I really enjoy seeing them and they are fun to take pictures of.

2 comments:

Shereen said...

That was so much fun!
Jaymi's boots are still wet on the inside, today!
Show me some more photos! And send me the one of me taking a picture of Kristin.

Clane Gessel said...

Oh my gosh! How have you been??
I've been such a crappy blog friend, traveling all about and not visiting your blog :(

So sorry, I'm just totally crazy busy. Did you guys up north get lots of snow?? Seattle got dumped on, but I was in Death Valley, so I didn't have to deal with it!

Love the photos! I'll be posting tutorials soon on how to use your camera better, if you're interested :)