Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day flying by

Today, after taking my daughter to school I ran a few errands. When I got home I used up the last of my blackberries from yesterday and made some more jam. I made blackberry/pineapple this time. It was a concoction I came up with yesterday. The little taste I had after it was finished cooking was delicious. Such a brilliant colour too. The yellow from the pineapple deepened the blackberry red and made it rich and yummy looking. Hmm, wonder how long those three jars will last :)
I had just got the girls to sleep when I heard a roaring in the sky. I just had the chance to grab my point and shoot and step out the door. Right over top of me, and I do mean RIGHT OVER TOP! Was the Snowbirds. I had only a split second to hit the button and get this picture.

We have been dazzled with their performances a few times but I had never seen them fly this low. I don't know what was going on today that had them in town. Other times we have been able to see them it was because of the Queen visitin, or a Canada day celebration.

* I found out that the Snowbirds are performing this Sunday.

4 comments:

Clane Gessel said...

Snowbirds? Is that like the Blue Angels? Looks pretty cool!

Unknown said...

Yes, they are Canada's version of the Blue Angels.
They sure are neat to watch.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome to see. We live near Hill Air Force Base here in Utah and we get to watch the jets scramble and go through their manuevers and it is pretty interesting and fun to see. But it's nothing like that.

Hill upon Hill said...

Excellent photo!