Tuesday, October 14, 2008


I have mentioned in other posts about the water view we have. We are not water front (I wish!) but we are only a stones throw from it. Tonight I saw the biggest moon rising. I headed to the end of our road, where there is a sitting area and a small boat launch. Of course by the time I got down there the moon was behind some clouds. I still took a few pictures and thought I would post them. I love being close to the water. The picture below, you can see part of the large park that is just a road over from us. Long ago the part that you see, had a bathing house and a tea house. There are still people who look for items from those days, coins and jewellery I imagine. Around the corner to the right of the picture is an inlet that is now part of a estuary. A couple years ago the city connected it too a stream and planted sedge grass to attract fowl. We do see some very unique birds around here.

4 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

Beautiful!

M ^..^

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! It would be fun to live by the water.

Clane Gessel said...

That's amazing! Great photos!

Unknown said...

It must be so nice to be able to look out your window and enjoy such beautiful nature in your backyard.

I tagged you!

http://kikimeewmin.blogspot.com/2008/10/playing-tag.html